Sunday, September 10, 2006

1970s Zhongcha Brand Simplified Chinese Characters Seven-sons Tea Cake (Raw)



ace left a message to me on my Blog at http://cloudspuerh.blogspot.com on 31 August 2006.
>Will you ever drink the tea in your collection or do you just keep collecting them?

Actually, I do brew my tea collection. Otherwise, what makes the purpose of building up a Puerh Tea collection?

Today, I brewed one of my favourate tea, 1970s Zhongcha Brand Simplified Chinese Characters Seven-sons Take Cake (Raw). I broke a tiny piece of the tea leave from the tea cake which has already broken up. I used approximately 10g to make by brew.

When I poured hot water into the tea bowl, the smooth and pleasent aged aroma was raising from the broth. After rinsing the tea leaves, I made the first infusion. It was sweet, vivid, full and rich. It has slight plum sour sensation. However, this plum sour is the one very pleasent and comfortable emerging from both sides of the tongue and speading over to the entire month.

After having a tiny sip of the broth, the smooth, vivid and rich sensations pushed you to brew the 2nd and 3rd infusions without delay. When the tea leaves absorbed enough hot water and were released from the dry status after 30 years, the tea broth became richer and more tasty.

This 1970s Zhongcha Brand Simplifed Chinese Characters Seven-sons Raw Aged Tea allows me to pull over 20 infusions. At last, it gave me slightly sweet beige water. However, the beige water is still sweety.

I am sorry that I do not have many adjectives to describe when I enjoy my tea.
What I can feel and tell is the comfort offered by my puer tea collections.

I hope you will enjoy my photos.



4 Comments:

At September 10, 2006 11:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. Your photographs are really beautiful, and your collection seems amaizing! How many beeng do you own?
I was wondering where the magnificent gaiwan in your photographs is coming from. Is it possible to find a similar one outside Hong Kong?

Thank you

John

 
At September 11, 2006 1:23 am, Blogger Cloudstea said...

Dear John,

Thanks for your comments and your appreciation for my photography. Apart from collecting puerh tea, I also love to take pictures. I use pro-consumer digital cameras such as Sony R-1.
But the pictures you saw were taken by Sony F707 which I am used to taking static objects.

How many beeng do I have?
I did not specifically count on them. I have been collecting Puerh Tea for years. Unless the tag price is unreasoanbly high, I will buy those Puerh tea cakes I loved even though I have alreay got a lot at home. I think I have got at least over hundreds tea cakes so far and secured my Puerh Tea consumption for rest of my life. Of course, it depends on how old I am, right? What I can tell is that I am still young. However, it'd better not to mention my age becuase it is unbelievable that I have these collections and wealth in such an young age .

The magnificent tea bowl?
Oh! I just bought them from Hong Kong. I have got quite a number of these kinds of old gaiwwan as I am also a antieque teaware collector. The antique vendor will import and sell to me. I will not bear the risk of importing them.

I think it is possible to find similar one outside Hong Kong because these tea bowls were just acquried by the antique trader outside Hong Kong.

I hope you will enjoy my post.

 
At September 11, 2006 9:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for your kind and detailed reply. Indeed I am enjoying your posts and way of being very much.
Especially, I liked your reply to Phyll_sheng a lot, but I think he was only joking and that is why he used the expression "dissipate the clouds away" as a reference to your nickname.

I understand that asking for the exact number of beengs can seem a little bit stupid, because it all depends on the kind of beengs, and their quality, but I believe it gives a rough idea of how big and extended a collection is, and I hope we will get more details about your collection in future posts.

Thank you again

John

 
At September 12, 2006 12:20 am, Blogger Cloudstea said...

Dear John,

It is so nice to have your reply so soon.

Yeah... Yeah... absolutely.
I totally agree with you.

Actually, I am sure that there was never any offensive manner or words from Phyll_sheng to me. I know that was a joke.
Tea always keeps people peace.
In fact, I did not put that in my mind.

I also fully understand that it is hard for people to believe that there is a collector online. That's why I said, "do not believe 100% of what I said. Think independantly. If you find that my words are somehow have concrete basis, then prove it by yourself or to collection more evidence to support your view."

Even sometimes, when Chinese Puerh tea lovers discuss Puerh Tea in Chinese which is supposed to be our month tongue, misunderstanding often happens in the discussion room.
Interesting, right?

--------------------------
Regarding my collection, my status should be classifed as "Obsession".

Collecting Puerh tea will never end because whenever you find that there are some tea cakes you do not have and you have enough money in your pocket, you will collect it. Just like people collection stamps that whatever they do not have (or missing within a theme), collector will use all their means to find the missing pieces, right?

I think you can imagine how a red-wine collector would collect his red-wine (clarify: I do not have a single bottle of red-wine).
Usually, these obsessive red-wine collectors may have a private cellar. For me, an obsessive Puerh Tea collector may also have a private room (Puerh cellar?) to store my Puerh Tea for aging.

Cloud (Hong Kong)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home